Article NavigationBack To Main Page
Click Here for more articles
The Power Of Scrapbook Journaling
It will give your scrapbooks a unique and intimate feel, it is this personal touch that turns your albums into something very special.
That is the power of scrapbooking journaling and why it is one of the most important elements of your scrapbooks.
What to write¦
When you are doing your scrapbook journaling think about the people who will read it in the future. Try and remember that they weren't there, give them as many details as you can so that they can relive your memories and stories for themselves.
One favorite scrapbook journaling technique is to write using the 5 W's method.
- Who :: who's in the photo, who took it and who else was present. It is important to name the people in the pictures you use. People change throughout their lives, especially children, so it is vital to tell readers who they are looking at.
- What :: what is the photo about? Describe what is happening.
- Where :: where is the event in your photo taking place? Give some background information.
- When :: when was the photograph taken? Give a specific date and include the year if possible.
- Why :: why did you use this photo? Does it show a special event like a wedding or a milestone birthday? Explain why it is so memorable.